Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Getting started

Ok, this is the first post on this blog. I want to share with the internet community my toughts on improvising. All the stuff I will write here is original material, all this coming from my personal experience and my long "trial and error" practice.
I am studying improvisations, so my mind can change about it, anyway I think that sharing my thoughts can be a nice and useful.

First of all I want to quote some nice sentences I found on a Jan Overduin book.

"any person is capable of splendid improvisations, be them grand or modest" (Jan Overduin).

Another fine sentence is:

"don't fear mistakes: there are none" (Miles Davis).

One I really like and find extremely useful:

"Salvation is never more than one semitone away" (Gerre Hancock)

I want to stress this: just try! You don't have to fear improvisation! 50% of the effort is not to panic, just try!

No comments: